In July, the Department of Development of the Docudays UA Network announced a contest for the best impact club among permanent DOCU/CLUBs. All platforms in the Network which started working at least a year ago were invited to participate.
We have long known that Docudays UA work as laboratories for change; and thanks to this year’s contest, we studied how exactly dialogue with the audience about human rights is established in the DOCU/CLUB network, how community members are engaged in advocacy campaigns, promotion and support for democratic reforms. The jury, which involved representatives of the Docudays UA International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival and human rights experts, has determined twelve finalists in each category. All finalist film clubs will receive certificates for 1,000 UAH each to purchase equipment required for the film clubs’ work.
Film clubs at education institutions (schools, colleges, higher education institutions, etc.):
– Svitlana Arabadzhy, Docudays UA film club at the Student History and Archeology Research Society of the Mariupol State University, Mariupol;
– Olena Arutiunian, Docudays UA film club at the regional Center for Children and Youth, Kropyvnytsky;
– Liudmyla Husak, Docudays UA film club at the P. F. Kryvonis Slovyansk Multi-profile Regional Center for Professional Education, Slovyansk.
Film clubs at human rights organizations (NGOs, charity foundations, centers for primary legal aid, etc.):
– Khrystyna Hataliak, Docudays UA Human Rights Media Education Film Club at the Lviv City Center for Providing Free-of-charge Secondary Legal Aid, Lviv;
– Ilona Korotitsyna, Docudays UA film club at CO Charity and Health Fund, Kherson;
– Nina Khoma, Film Club at NGO Patronus, Lviv.
Film clubs at cultural and educational organizations (libraries, hubs, art galleries, etc.):
– Zoya Filipenko, Docudays UA film club at the Khmelnytsky Regional Universal Science Library “Rights in the Lens,” Khmelnytsky;
– Tetiana Tarasenko, Docudays UA film club “Vacations with Benefits,” Oleksandriya;
– Zhanna Lytvyna, Docudays UA film club at the Olena Pchilka Volyn Regional Universal Science Library, Lutsk.
Film clubs at State Penitentiary Service of Ukraine facilities which work with the staff and with individuals who are temporarily held at the facilities:
– Antonina Stefaniuk, Docudays UA film club at the Melitopol Penitentiary Facility No. 144, Melitopol;
– Alina Kasianchuk, Docudays UA Human Rights Media Education Film Club at the Bila Tserkva Center for Further Education for the personnel of the State Penitentiary Service of Ukraine, Bila Tserkva;
– Olena Udovytska, Docudays UA film club at the state institution Kremenchuk Correctional Colony, Kremenchuk.
As a reminder, we will announce the names of the four winners of the contest for the best impact club already on 14 September. The contest winners will receive certificates for 5,000 UAH each to purchase equipment required for the work of the film clubs.
Main photo: A roundtable about the topic of one of the impact campaigns, Sheriffs for New Communities, at the Docudays UA Documentary Film Festival in 2019, IZONE space, Kyiv, Ukraine; Mykyta Yurieniev.